Sunday, February 20, 2011

Vegan banana/chocolate chunk/peanut butter muffins

this recipe is loosely based on one from http://www.theppk.com/ but I changed it a lot, so am posting it here. They are really tasty.

you will need:
115g plain flour
115g cornmeal
65g sugar
1 tbsp baking powder
1 tsp flaky sea salt
1 mashed banana
2 tbsp crunchy peanut butter
100ml rapeseed oil
120ml soy milk (plus extra if needed)
squeeze of lemon juice
50g dairy-free dark chocolate, smashed into bits

Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees

Combine the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder in one bowl, make sure there are no lumps.
In another bowl whisk together the banana, peanut butter, oil, lemon juice and soy milk. Add this to the dry ingredients. If your mixture looks too thick then add some more soy milk to make it runnier, you want a thick batter texture.
Fold in the chocolate bits.
Pour into greased muffin tins, fill them 3/4 of the way to the top.
Bake for 18 minutes.

3 comments:

Hannah said...

ALICE! I posted a photo of a tattoo of ovaries on my Tumblr and you liked it and I can not to save my life remember who it's on. I think we were both friends with her on LJ back in the day. Do you know who she is? If you could reply back in my Tumblr ask that'd rule. This was the only place I could find to actually get in touch with you! <3

Anonymous said...

Today, I went to the beach with my kids. I found a sea
shell and gave it to my 4 year old daughter
and said "You can hear the ocean if you put this to your ear." She put the shell to her ear and screamed.

There was a hermit crab inside and it pinched her ear.
She never wants to go back! LoL I know this is totally off topic but
I had to tell someone!

Also visit my blog - bipolar depression natural remedies

Anonymous said...

I loved as much as you'll receive carried out right here. The sketch is tasteful, your authored material stylish. nonetheless, you command get bought an shakiness over that you wish be delivering the following. unwell unquestionably come further formerly again as exactly the same nearly a lot often inside case you shield this hike.

My blog post - managing depression